Customer focused strategy
At Sheffield we are guided by our vision: together, creating sustainable value, which means that in partnership with our stakeholders, we conduct our business with an unyielding commitment to lasting social progress and economic growth for all stakeholders: our shareholders, our people and all of the individuals, families, communities, and regions where we operate.
Every day and every place Sheffield operates; we are part of people’s lives. We are one company, but we play a role in thousands of stories. And the benefits of our business can only be sustained if we listen to, become a part of and tell the stories of the people and communities in which we live and work. We work very hard to be “Responsible, Respected and Innovative” everywhere we do business,
Just like the previous year 2017 has been a year of amazing firsts for Sheffield and I would like to highlight some few:
- Sheffield was awarded the Super Brand status an assurance of quality and reliability to its customers
- Sheffield bagged 3 awards in the recently concluded Top 100, for being the most consistent participant , health and safety and emerging number 20.
- Sheffield emerged number 3 worldwide in the Rational Partner Customer Service Survey
- Sheffield started producing the PUF cold-room panels ,with installations done in Epic Hotel –Rwanda, KFC Kenya amongst others
- Sheffield launched the Nilfisk brand for commercial floor cleaning equipment
- The innovation of the conveyor servery for Mater Hospital to fully automate the serving process while maintaining high standards of hygiene and efficiency
- Launch of the Alliance brand for Laundromat (coin operated machines) which provides a very viable business opportunity in a market that is still untapped
- The growth of our Rational Cooking Live with live cooking events held in Kigali, Rwanda and Kampala, Rwanda.
I would like to personally thank all our customers and other stakeholders for making 2017 a successful year for us in spite of the many challenges and setbacks we have faced as a nation. As we move ahead, we will continue to refine our policies and processes to ensure that Sheffield continues to deliver the world’s best solutions, support our customers by making them competitive at the global arena and providing you solutions that are of high quality, reliable, durable and efficient.
I wish you a prosperous, healthy and happy 2018!
Suresh Kanotra (Dr.)
Managing Director, Sheffield Steel Systems Limited